20 January 2009

President Obama

Well today really was an historic day; Barack Obama is our President and I think there really is a sense of hope and new vitality in our country. I pray that great changes are made for the better. Ben didn't have classes today so we watched the inauguration this morning, Archie was napping, otherwise he would have loved it too. I took some pictures of us to document the occasion, they aren't great pictures, but I figured we needed to have some type of commemorative proof of our patriotism especially on this day.
I know this picture of us makes it seem like we weren't watching the t.v., we were, it just so happens that I am making sure that Ben isn't pulling any faces while I am taking the picture, so I am looking at him at the last second, and of course he was pulling a face, and the camera took the shot and we weren't ready... this is the best we could do.
Well, I think no matter who is the President of our country things are bound to change, good and bad, but I don't want that opinion to take away from the good things that President Obama can do while in office. Our world is changing, it is ever evolving, and we have to allow that change to embrace and and to accept it in order to grow. It seems like the times are calling all of us to check and double check our values, who we are, who we want to be; because sitting on the fence with a mild conviction isn't going to get us anywhere, it isn't going to help us stand up for what we believe in with confidence, it will only give us second thoughts, shrink in the face of a challenge and inspire doubt instead of faith. I hope we all can stand for what we believe in with strength and passion.