26 January 2009

I am an owner!

So here is an attempt at a family photo, I was showing off my boots, and Archie was showing off his muscles, but at the last second Ben lost his hold on the child hence the surprised/scared look on his face.


Happy early birthday to me. Ben and I, along with Archie, went for a long shopping extravaganza on Saturday. We thought it was time to get out of the house, all three of us. We made quite a few stops, even played soccer for a while with our friend Brandon, oh and the wii fitness, super fun. But our last stop of the day, when we were all tuckered out was R.E.I. land of all things outdoors; it was glorious. I have been in need and want of some new snow boots- so that was our goal, but our main reason for shopping there was to get a membership, which we did and now we are part owners of the REI co-op! The guy that signed us up explained the whole thing, how they are not a corporation, but a co-op and so we basically bought into the company and we can get discounts at garage sales, and pay less for rentals and return items no questions asked (sometimes), and it was AWESOME.


Anyhoo, I bought some boots, on clearance, and the next purchase will be snowshoes, our ultimate goal! Oh, and tying this back into my first sentence, this was my birthday present. I wore my boots yesterday for the first time in the snow, loved it. I walked to church in them, it was slushy and snowy, what better time could there be for new boots? I am pretty exctied about them...

3 comments:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

those are awesome boots. i need snow boots so badly!

Salem said...

love the boots. love rei. love you. :)

Salem said...

Oh-and we TOTALLY need to get snowshoes and then live by eachother so we can take our kids in backpacks and get really strong!!! I hear Provin calling our name. :)