26 January 2009

Books!

I love to read, and lately I have been having a little more time to do it, either while Arch is asleep in my lap, or on his own. I also love to write, but that will come later, I might be brave enough to post a short story or two, but for now I just want to write about the books I read!

Marley and Me
Has anyone else read this book? I loved it. It was so simple and loving; the way the author writes about his life and his family made me feel like I could relate and therefore I wanted to be more invested in their life. I cried and actually laughed out loud, I love it when something you read makes you laugh out loud- it is as if the words are enhanced by the laughter, connecting something private in your brain to something other people around you can hear, then they wonder what was so funny, why did she laugh? That is a great quality in a book.
I have always wanted to get a dog, and of course reading this book made me want one even more, but the book wasn't just about a dog, it was about a family, about children, and jobs, coping with loss and the blessings of true joy. It was wonderful. I highly recommend it, and it is a pretty fast read, so check it out!

9 comments:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

Oh my goodness, Nate and I listened to this book on CD while we worked at the Pill Factory and we loved it. I was crying so hard I had to stop working, I was so emotional! Have you seen the movie yet?

Ashley Seil Smith said...

p.s. i want to read some of your short stories...if i'm brave enough to post my artwork on my blog you need to post your stories! =)

heather said...

its just i hate sad endings. :(

Salem said...

I couldn't agree with your review more. :)

heather said...

hey lady,

go check out what i posted today. :) and wanna go walking tomorrow or something?? :)

let me know!

Rene Manker said...

Kate, Ben and Archie,
I love your BLOG! Thanks for sharing your life and photos and music! I love your picture of the 3 of you...
It's true happiness. It's a wonderful way to keep in touch from afar. Thanks for doing it.
Love and hugs to you all,
Mom
P.S. Happy Birthday, Kate!

Rene Manker said...

H Kate, Ben and Archie,
I love reading your BLOG and hearing your music, and seeing the photos. It makes me feel that you are not so far away afterall! Love the boots! I see Archie in his catapillar outfit, So have you read him the book too?
I love the photo of the 3 of you too,- pure happiness!
Love and hugs,
Mom
P.S. Happy Birthday, Kate!

Salem said...

Ben you are in trouble!!! Today Ryder came up and gave me a wet willy. When I asked him who taught him how to do that he said, "I learned it from the guy with baby Archie!!!" Thanks a lot! :)

Zach Manker Rascal said...

Courtney and I have that as our "Read together" book! It is awesome, we are almost finished with it. I started it before her and one night I just couldn't stop laughing, so she was super curious, caught up to me and we've been reading it together and have been having a blast! It is starting to get sad though. My "read alone" book is 'dreams from my father' by Obama, it is pretty phenom also, have you read it? Can't wait to read your stories! Archie looks great!