13 November 2008




I haven't written in about a month... but now things are getting exciting- so I have something to write about! I know Ben has posted his sentiments about Archie, now it is my turn. He is amazing, he makes me feel elated when I see him, he also makes me weepy and overwhelmed with love- I want to give him everything he needs, protect him from anything that is harmful, cuddle with him every time he cries. He doesn't cry that much, he squeaks and whimpers more-- it is too adorable to be upset with.
I just don't know how to fully articulate the range of emotions that go along with caring for, being responsible for and loving this little boy. It is scary at times, but I think that is why God gives us such an unexplainable ability to instantly love these little people, they need us, we need them, and life just wouldn't feel right without him, now that he is here.
My mom has been here, thank goodness, to help and lend support. Ben and I are very thankful for her and her time-- she is a genius too. We needed to run some errands, and Ben was home with Archie, but he was upstairs and Archie's room is downstairs, and I just wasn't ready to leave him on his own in a room, so my mom put together a makeshift bed in our laundry basket and we brought Arch to Ben! He didn't move the entire hour and a half that we were gone, he was just cuddled in his basket- perfect solution.
I can't wait to introduce little Arch to all of you, and I can't wait for all of you to be a part of his life. Thank you for all the support and encouragement, and your love.

4 comments:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

i'm so happy for you Kate! We need to come see you all!

Salem said...

Oh I love him. And I love you. Kates. And I love Ben. What a wonderful family. Thanks for the great pictures...I can already tell that he is going to just get cuter and cuter every day...I wish I could be there to watch him...and hold him. I LOVE the quilt you made him...so cute. I know what you mean about the feelings you have being inexplainable. What a blessing children are....

Pallas said...

He is adorable! I am so glad that you and Ben are now parents! You are going to be the best mom and dad ever! I love you guys!

cfox said...

Congratulations Kate and Ben! Archie is adorable! You are going to have so much fun watching him grow and change these next few months! They are such blessings. Just wait till he is 2, then you may change your mind... Roman is a firecracker right now! "Alex" is still just sweet, innocent and perfect, and any day now she should be crawling. :)

I'm so happy for the 3 of you, I look forward to meeting Archie and Ben, hopefully our paths will cross some day soon! Enjoy your precious gift, before you know it, he wont be so innocent!

Love,
Cory
Check out foxcrossings.blogspot.com for pics of my angels!