24 November 2008

Days 7,6,5 and 4


I am a little behind in writing but hopefully not in gratitude. I feel like Friday was years ago, I just can't remember what has been happening the past few days. Okay, here we go, I remembered. We took Archie for his two week appointment on Friday, and the doctor told us that he was a healthy little boy! He was back up to his birth weight plus a pound, so he is about 8 lbs. and 1 oz. He is 21 inches long, from about 19 in the hospital. His cheeks are chubbier, and so is his tummy, but his legs and arms remain long and skinny, he is definitely my husbands son. So that was a good day for us. Unfortunately Ben and I got flu shots while we were there which isn't so unfortunate in itself, but the shot made me a little sick, and my wonderful husband took such good care of Archie while I was asleep ( longer than usual). I will continue to be so thankful for all of the service and love that we get from Ben, "we" as in me and Arch. Sunday Ben stayed home with the little boy so I could go to the first block of church, then I came home and he went to the third block. I know we didn't go together, but it felt like we did. Sharing the responsibilities of taking care of Archie and taking care of each other made me feel like we are still doing things together, even if we are not physically in the same spot. Today is Monday and Grandma and Grandpa (Archie, whom Archie is named after) Brady came by to visit! I am thankful for family, for feeling loved and giving love, it is one of the simplest and most complex feelings of all, and the most rewarding.
Being a mom is getting less confusing, although I can't say that it is getting easier. I am loving it more and more, and I am getting to know my son more and more which makes taking care of him better and more full of joy. He doesn't scare me as much! He is only about 2 and 1/2 weeks old and he seems to have changed so much, I wonder what he'll look like by Christmas.

1 comment:

Salem said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new header picture!!!! I can't WAIT to meet the little guy!!!! One more month!