01 April 2009

Spring

Chewing on his fingers after dinner....
Fun with Dad


More fun with dad..

Cuddles with Mom



I just liked his outfit, so of course I took about 20 pictures of him, he would smile, then be mesmerized by the flash and his smile would disappear--- he is a really smiley boy usually.





Today it is snowing... but last week was a beautiful spring week, and I know there is only more beautiful to come, so even if it snows today, deep in my heart I know it is spring time, and it can't possibly snow all the way through August, so I am being patient. So I have been trying to do some projects inside that will keep my busy and engaged- I have been reading a lot, and writing some, thanks to reading and writing clubs- I love it. I took the birds that Kristen made for me and turned them into a mobile- it was fun, I strung them through thin ribbon, added some bells and there ya go. Originally I was going to let Archie play with it, but it is a little too fragile, so it will just hang and look pretty in his room.


We are having more and more fun together; I love watching Archie grow up, but especially the interactions between Archie and his papa. He is becoming so much more aware of things going on around him, he twists and turns and doesn't want to miss a thing- he is already about 18 pounds and for as much as he moves around in my arms when I am holding him, I don't know how much longer I will be able to do it!


He is attempting to sit and follow Aunt Kara's fun toy- it is harder than it looks!

5 comments:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

Oh my gosh! What a big boy! I love it! He is so adorable. We need to see you guys sometime before we head out to NYC at the end of April. Also your bird mobile is adorable.

Sarah Duffy said...

Ohhh Kate! I love your post about Spring. (and I especially love your music on your blog!!!

Kara said...

What a stud! Before you know it that kid is going to be walking!! such a cutie for sure!

Tyler and Kristen said...

Oh Kate, you make me so happy! I am glad we are both closet twilight fans, and yes, we will still call the dog danger (behind Tyler's back). Also, great mobile, I love how it turned out!

natalie brady said...

As you may recall, Christian was a fatty too. At 6 months he was 19 pounds, Nicholas was 19 pounds at 12 months! The crazy thing was that once he started crawling, it seemed like he lost his fat rolls overnight! One day I was changing his diaper, and the rolls were gone. It was sad, so enjoy it while you can!