08 July 2009

Growing Up

Big Archie, 8 months ish....
little Archie, 8 days-ish...
It seems like in these past few weeks our little baby has turned into a baby-boy. He seemed to go from struggling to roll over to crawling EVERYWHERE in a matter of weeks. For the longest time I just figured he wouldn't roll over, and would skip that step, then one day, he was on his back, and I turned around and he was on his stomach, then he was up on his knees! Sitting and moving, inching towards toys, and as Ben called it pirouetting across the floor. From his little bum to his knees with a twist back to his bum until he reached his destination. For a while he would just scootch on his back head first, of course with no way to see where he was going. He is an adventurous little guy. Then, on Monday I was vacuuming and everywhere I went, a slow little crawler followed. Each day since then he has gotten more coordinated and faster! The days of setting him on the floor to play while I did laundry or went to the bathroom are gone! But it is so much fun to watch him learning, to see the process working. He is growing up so fast, I know he is only 8 months old, but life has changed so much for him in that little time.

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

I can't believe how big he is. I think the 8 month old pic makes him look more like a boy than a baby...you know what I mean? Your pictures are great! I love watching your family grow.