08 December 2008

Dec. 7th



It was yesterday, but there were so many significant events so it deserves a post. Fist, happy birthday to Uncle Sam, brother-in-law Sam, and if Ben were writing, big brother Sam. Second happy birthday to Archie, who is now one month old, way to go kid! Third it was my turn to go to church while Ben stayed home with Archie, it was fast and testimony meeting, I loved it. Fourth we had some good friends over for an Indian meal, it was delightful. What a good day.
Well, Archie has definitely changed in the month that he has been here with us. He has gained some weight, thank goodness, but he still has those long, skinny legs, and giant feet- which we love and thank his Dad for. He smiled at me yesterday, which for him might have been more of a grimace, but to me it was a smile. He has started to make noises at times other than when he is upset or in need of something. I wouldn't call it cooing yet, but he'll get there- he likes to lay on his back and watch his toys, and he likes the noises they make. He pumps his legs and his arms like he should be swimming- he gets a little crazy with his movements, so hopefully that means we'll have lots of fun playing in the pool someday:)
He is a growing boy, he eats well, sleeps pretty well and is a joy to be around. At night he hangs out with Ben, from about 8 pm to 1 am while I get a few hours of sleep, they play and frustrate each other, but I am sure they mostly have fun. Then from about 1 am on I am on Arch duty. It works out, we both get a block of sleep and Archie gets to have both parents all to himself, one at a time.
I can't believe he is growing up so fast, he is still so little, but I found myself missing the time when he was first born and just tiny! He is heavier now, but he is also holding his head a lot better, looking around more, making eye contact with both of us, letting us know his likes and his dislikes... I love my family.

2 comments:

Salem said...

I quite enjoyed these pictures...and Ryder quite enjoyed "La Bamba." He was very interested in the song and eventually started singing and dancing around the room. :)

Kate, Ben and Archie said...

Yes, Kate, 8pm thru 1am is the most fun you can imagine