23 September 2008

Anniversary Breakfast... mmmmm



Ben and I have decided to make our lives easier. Instead of two people worrying about the planning and arranging of anniversaries and valentine's Days, etc. we have agreed to rotate. So this year I planned the anniversary, and he'll plan Valentine's Day, then next year we switch. No hurt feelings if someone forgets, no pressure for one person to always be the one to do it-- all of this equals more fun for both of us. So for this very wonderful and great day, that Ben has to spend at school, I thought a really big, delicious breakfast would be perfect. But, Ben isn't really a big breakfast kind of guy, he doesn't really love breakfast types of food... so I dug deep and decided to do more of a European style breakfast with a few twists.
Almost everyone in the family that lives close was here to help. Kristen helped make bread, we had three kinds. Dutch oven hard-on-the-outside-soft-on-the-inside bread, braided warm bread, caramel bread, oh and store bought crossiants. Kara and Devin arrived and set out the meats and cheeses beautifully, they also arraged the table and made everything look so nice, thanks guys. We had jams and butter, and fruit, and juices...oh and green olives. Spectacular. I wish we all could have eaten it together! There was a lot of food:) Alex, if you read this, I think you in particular would have loved it, plus no eggs--
So now, Ben is at school, I have to work, and it was a great morning.

1 comment:

Salem said...

Yummy! I want some! Really bad!!! And next time we're together I need to have a little "session" with the new "bread queen." I hope you'll share your recipes and teach me everything you know about all these amazing breads you've been making....please...