28 August 2008

SO much fun

This last month has been a lot of fun. Kristen and I decided to make it so. We planned activities to do and events to go to that we've both just been putting off. One afternoon we tie dyed onsies, we had a chocolate night where we had chocolate fondue, watched the movie Chocolat, and did chocoloate facials... it was perfect. Today we went blackberry picking, tomorrow we are going to Swiss Days, a big craft and food fair, pretty exciting. We've gone to farmer's markets together, started sewing projects, had a family Olympics, and loved every moment. She is leaving on Saturday... I am sad, but our fun won't be over, we are in the same family so we'll just plan fun activities through out the years.
Ben and Tyler, our husbands, have participated here and there, but we knew it wouldnt' be as fun for them, that is why we have each other! We also played a home made version of deal or no deal; I took my deal which was dinner at Cafe Rio and a dollar movie, Kristen took her deal which was a meal at Tocanos, Ben took his deal: a BYU football game with his brother, and Tyler took his deal, to spend $20 at a bookstore! No one dared go all the way, our deals sounded too good.
Well, we have finally moved out of our apartment, almost. We are going to finish moving a few boxes, and cleaning, then we are out. Ben is starting school on Tuesday, I will still be working for a little while longer, and Archie is growing steadily! He weighs 3 lbs. this week according to babycenter.com and we play together (mostly after I eat) he likes to kick.
When Kristen comes back in October to pick up her husband we've decided to go to a pumpkin patch, pick our own and carve them for Halloween. I am sure I will have my big strong husband there with me to carry his pumpkin as well as mine. The fun doesn't stop. What a blessing!

3 comments:

Salem said...

man I love you...and miss you...and I want to play Deal or No Deal next time we're together! Especially if I can win a Cafe Rio meal!!!!

Tyler and Kristen said...

Oh Kate I miss you! I hope you are still having fun!

Big Al said...

this wedding stuff just keeps getting better...not only im i getting two brothers but another sister...so congrats to us for becoming sisters...no in-laws here just sisters...