17 August 2008

Ben is blogging

I have wanted to take part in our Blog, so that it is ours, and not just Kate's on our behalf...so here is my commitment to contribute. Kate and I have had a fun summer, fun mostly in that we actually followed through on some of the ideas and plans we made.

The baby is coming closer, which means that the frequency of Kate's foot rubs increases comensurate to the number of pillows she now requires to get a night's sleep. (I continue my efforts to re-take the GRE, so 'comensurate' is my word of the day). Kate is helping me study as well. She is pleased to have taught me 'incorrigible,' stating that if I ever forget what it means, I need only think of myself. But Kate does love me, I believe that she finds me 'incorrigible' mostly in that I like water fights super much. But then again, my big surprise birthday present a few weeks ago was a set of supersoakers! So, I am getting mixed messages from her. She bought me two, but I cannot get anyone to use the second and play with me yet. The closest I have come is allowing kate to shoot at me from the deck while I run around below trying to avoid getting wet. I did blast Alexandria (my 4 month old niece) the other day, mostly due to her craven (GRE for cowardly)grandfather, the actual target, who was hidding behind her. Sorry Alex and I will get you gram-pa!

Kate is happy and doing well. She went to a county fair last week. I learned from Kristen who was wither her that they skipped the $6 lemonade, thankfully, yet she still assures me that she will only spend $7 buying the ingredients trying to replicate it at home. I continue to promise her that one day I will earn more than $15k a year. Until then, we are grateful for parents who are willing to sacrifice/surrender their basement to us. We are getting ready to move from our spacious 18sq foot apartment into our luxerious 14sq foot bedroom in a few weeks. Kate is looking forward to the A/C. I am looking forward to more squirt gun targets (Kate assured me that while she is pregnant, that if I squirt her, I will be living in the backyard for a few years) ((I believe her!)).
My love to you all, hope you are well.
Benjamin B

No comments: