14 August 2012

Tucson- but really we live in Sahuarita

Dear anyone who might read this blog,
  We have moved to Arizona, southern Arizona, and (I am not complaining here, merely stating fact) it is HOT.  Not the hipster cool kind of 'hot', like "man that sparkly pink new iphone matches my sparkly pink new TOMS, that's hot" nononononono. It is just hot.  There are lots of cacti, which Archie cannot remember the name of ; " what are those, I can't memember their names, the tall ones that are pokey?"  Lots of sand, lots of dessert, oops, I mean desert the sun must be getting to me. 
Overall we really like it here.  We have seen the lightening and heard the thunder and the rain has fallen around us, I think tonight it actually rained on our house, not 10 miles off in the distance, it was delightful. 
Annie and Archie seem to like the new house, well Archie loves it, we have a backyard and a garage and he can 'work' all he wants.  Moving all of the boxes into the house was like Christmas for him, he just loves to be like his daddy and work hard and be "in charge of doing things".  We had a little mis-hap with our utilities (power, electric and gas couldn't be turned on until Monday at the earliest) and didn't actually spend the night in our house until Monday- we arrived on Friday.  Archie was very sad that we had to stay at a hotel, he just wanted to get to the new house. 
Unpacking has been slow but fun- Ben is away at school all day while the kids and I do our best to put things away.  When Ben is home and the kids are in bed we can get as much done in 2 hours as I did all day with the kids!  Go figure. 
I will post some pictures soon- just wanted to update (mostly for Krist).  We miss you Utah, and all of our friends and family who reside there.  (Of course we miss all of our family and friends in other states, and countries, but that is kind of a constant). 


Sincerely,

The potential Diamondback fans but not Cardinals fans (we like Arizona so far, but we can't put all of our eggs in one basket (I had no idea that Arizona had an NFL team...))
KBAA

5 comments:

mk said...

I read your blog! How exciting to move! What took you to AZ?

TJ and Stephanie said...

Nice to hear from you. I am glad that you are getting settled. We miss you, Friday Grandma day just won't be the same!! I am excited for you guys though what an awesome next chapter in your lives!

Salem said...

So glad you made it safe & sound. I wish we could be unpacking things all day while our kids play together but I guess that won't work. Love to you all...and can't wait to hear about all your new "hot" adventures!

Tyler and Kristen said...

I return home from vacation to find you guys gone, but the consolation prize of a blog post was a delightful treat. I need pictures so I can picture every aspect of your living arrangments. Gma said that your back yard is rocks and I cringed, and then I was happy for Archie because he can do lots of work. We miss you so much but can't wait to hear about more adventures! Thanks for the post, keep them coming!

Heckert Family said...

My cousin lives in Sahuarita! I don't know how many wards are in that city, but their names are Conner and Marcy Egbert. Enjoy AZ!