25 October 2012

September/October

We have been doing some fun things lately.  This is the Desert Museum.  It is a mostly outdoors museum of desert life, plants, animals etc.  We went with our friends Dawn and Payton.  We saw Prairie Dogs, a javalina (looks like a wart hog, but not really related to pig family, lives in desert, a little scary) and a rattle snake.  The prairie dogs were in a housed habitat, the others weren't... Arch loved it.  

  First day of soccer practice!!  Archie is loving soccer, and Annie does pretty well if she gets to have the treats at the end like everyone else.  Every once in a while we have a little Annie wander onto the field nearly getting trampled by a pack of 3/4 year olds, but she is pretty tough.  Since I am the coach, Daddy and Annie get to spend some good quality time together every week:)
 My little 'hobbits'.  These capes make them look like they are going to go on an adventure.  Arch loves his capes, Annie tolerates them when he makes her wear one.  She is mostly interested in eating her pancake...
 Just wanted to put this picture in here.  This dress that Ann is wearing was one my mom made for me when I was about 18 months old.  It fit her really well- if you look at a picture of me when I was Annie's age we are pretty similar!
 At the dig site in the desert museum!  That is our friend Payton digging with Annie and Archie.  We see her almost every morning at the park.  The girls are digging for bones and carefully brushing the dirt away so they don't break the delicate fossils.
Just sittin' at the table drinking some chocolate milk.  I love to see her little feet dangling.

Well, nothing very exciting.  And our camera is officially dead, so I can't take pictures of the cool new swing set we have.  But the kids love it, and I am going to try and post a video if I can figure out how to do it.  We are leaving for Utah tomorrow!!!  For fun and visiting, halloween and a wedding!   We are happy to go get some cool weather and see some family.

1 comment:

Megan Day said...

Archie and Annie are so cute. It looks like you're having lots of fun. I love that you're the soccer coach, I bet you're great at it.