09 March 2011

The Biter

Not that he bites people, he just takes huge bites of my chocolate, peanut butter filled egg.
We were finishing lunch the other day and I decided that we should share a treat. Knowing that Archie is 2 and I am 27 and he has a little mouth and I have a big mouth (relatively) I figured that telling him he could take a bite of my Reese's peanut butter egg would still leave me with most of the treat. I know, I know, I was taking advantage, but really he doesn't need all that sugar... so I held out the treat and gently touched it to his lips and sooner than I realized his teeth were encompassing 3/4's of the egg! He grinned at me as if he knew my plan and he had won. He did, however, what he doesn't know is that because I am 27 and he is 2 and because I am 5'5" and he 32" I can reach the cookie jar where the treats are hidden, so I helped myself to another, without sharing with the biter.
Someday, sooner than later I suspect, he'll realize he can cleverly reach most things on the counter with some creativity and then he'll be the 2 year old out smarting his mother, or at least secretly eating chocolate.

1 comment:

TJ and Stephanie said...

Haha! Smart boy! Don't share a bite of peanut butter egg with me if you want more than 3/4 of it left :) I LOVE those things!