10 April 2010

Running, Swimming, P90X-ing

So, the Biking isn't my forte, but I will get there...
The weather is not quiet warm yet, but the sun is out and it seems like everyone just can not possibly wait another minute to be outside and play! That is me and Arch at least. My brother in law Tyler has p90x so Ben and I have been doing it sporadically, it is kinda fun, but hard and it HURTS! We are getting in shape for the summer of races and relays and -athlons of all sorts! Really we are going to the beach in North Carolina in a few weeks and we just want to look good :)

So the schedule is: on April 17th I am going to attempt my first ever 10k. It is on the river trail that is just to the North of where we live, so Ben and Archie probably won't have to stand around waiting for me, they can lounge at home after they watch the dramatic 'bang' of a start.
May 1 (which is also potentially my niece's first ever birthday, (first as in the day she will be born, not turning one)): Devin, my very talented brother-in-law and I will be doing a relay run; a half marathon. We are not exactly sure how it works, but we are doing it!
And finally, as far as I know on June 12th: a true half marathon all by myself.... can't wait!

In between I'll be running and swimming and doing other fun things with my fam. I love warm weather!

2 comments:

Julie said...

It's great to hear someone write about fitness goals! P90X is tough, especially for women. I have personally found ChaLean Extreme to be a better program for me as a woman. 5 days a week, about 35 minutes per workout, I'm seeing results, no pull ups, less push ups. To get a taste of this program, visit my blog at http://JustGetMeFit.com. Good luck in your in your runs this summer!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

Kate - WE have P90X, too! Nate's family swears by it. I can't stand video workouts, though. Nate loves them but they drive me crazy. There is something about working out in front of a tv that is weird to me. But P90x works and it does make me really sore.