08 August 2009

Goodbye, again...

So this past week I had flashbacks to the summer that Ben and I were engaged. The difference this time being, well, that we are married, have a child and he is preparing to leave for two months, and it isn't a we situation (although, last time this happened he left for India and I left for Ghana, we didn't actually travel together--- uh wrong again, that was the first time, what I am reminiscing about now; if you want to get technical, the last time we did this, we actually did travel to India together...) anyway, the point is, that when he was leaving for India the first time I carefully counted down the days, planned time together, things to do, last minute items to buy. And then the horribly sad news came that they had to abruptly leave early- my plans had been dashed and my calculated get-used-to-the-idea-that-he-was-leaving meter was utterly confused and now broken. Ugh.
So that is the similar-ness and the emotional flashbacks that I am referring to here today. Ben and I realized far too late in our journey that he does actually need his passport on this trip as well- he needed to drive through Canada. It would have saved him about 2 hours from Michigan to Boston, not a whole lot of time, but because of this minor snafu, he had to leave semi-abruptly, a day earlier than expected. A 12 to 14 hour drive in one day is perhaps do-able, but a 15 to 17 hour drive in one day isn't really a good idea. So bye bye Ben. We miss you, we love you, and it is nice to know on this go around that I have absolutely the best person to share my woes and worries with, Arch-face.

No comments: