04 June 2009

5K runners

Archie and I have been training for a 5K. We've decided that it is high time that we get back in shape. So, we go out almost everyday, it is great bonding time for the little guy and the mama. Our first real test is this Saturday, a free community 5k is being held, and we are going to attempt to run the whole thing.... Arch is my motivation, I know if he could he would be cheering us on!
I will post some pictures eventually, I have to get a memory card from Susan's camera. But we have been having tons of fun visiting family up in Montana, playing games, chasing sheep, roasting mallows to make gooey s'mores, delicious.
So today I am just going to list a few things that I really love and as a bonus am really grateful for:
Dancing in the living room!
Shade sin mosquitoes
warm bread
a good napping baby
a husband who is a hardworker and loves to have water fights
grandma's and grandpa's (mine and Archie's)
being able to be friends with my family- it's the best
sewing projects
good books that you can lose time in
playing soccer for fun and not caring about the score
Archie's giggles- he thinks life is pretty funny
prayer
free cafe rio desserts!
kind people, kind strangers
pupusa's at the Salvadorian place on Center street- go get one!
weddings! yeah for Ben and Laura! See you soon!

2 comments:

Salem said...

amen to the free cafe rio desserts!!! I want one!!! And way to go on the 5k!! Keep us posted on how it goes! And did you ever post a picture of the cute bird mobile you and Kristen made?? I want to see pics...so that if in the next 10 years I ever have time, I could make one!!

Tyler and Kristen said...

good luck on the 5k!! I'm so excited for you! You are such an inspiration, you almost make me want to whip out the stroller and go for a run! Way to go Kate!