08 October 2008

36 Weeks!

Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy hair that covered his body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely he's in a head-down position, but if he isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating him from the outside of your belly.

I really want him to get out of this melon stage, I don't really like melon, except for watermelon, and he had better not get that big. We had an exciting web-cam baby shower over the weekend. My mom put it on from Michigan and it was really great. She gave us a really wonderful and fantastic stroller, more or less a jogging stroller-- I love it. I want Archie to be here so I can take him on long walks, Ben thinks I should just fill the stroller up with the presents we received and push it around the block. I'll post a picture of it later. Thank you so much to all who were so generous.

1 comment:

natalie brady said...

That's not a bad Idea of Ben's, I'd try it in a few weeks when you want to go into labor. A friend of mine swears she 'walked out' her second one by pushing around her first in the stroller.