17 July 2008

baby daddy

today i want to post something just for Ben. We had a doctor's appointment this morning at 11:20. He is so great and goes with me and Archie to the appointments. Of course it feels like you wait for a few hours before they get you in, but really it is about 20 minutes. My wonderful husband was falling asleep in the chair in the waiting room, they called me back for a few routine things, then we waited some more. Finally we both got to go into an exam room, where we talked a little, and he dozed a little. I know these appointments aren't the most exciting things in the world and I know he takes time out of his day so he can go with me; he'll have to go back to work and get 8 hours in one way or another. So, I am grateful to have such a kind hearted person to be married to, and to be Archie's daddy. We even made a stop at my work, which lasted longer than expected, so he was later than expected, and he didn't complain, much--and before he went back to work, he told me he loved me and gave me a kiss. Such a simple morning, but it meant everything.
PS-- we are more than half way, Arch is healthy, average sized (?) and Ben can hear his heartbeat if he listens really close with his ear pressed on my tummy:)

4 comments:

Big Al said...

hey i just wanted to say hi...i am laura's sister allison and just wanted to let you know that i am more than excited to met you, your husband and the newest member of your family.....i have heard a lot about you from bernie and zach. i just wanted to add you to my blog if that is ok. amh86.blogspot.com. again congrats to your new family member..cant wait to met you!!

Salem said...

Okay, you have NO idea how happy this blog makes me!!!! Honestly. I was smiling through the entire thing! I love you and Ben. I'm so bummed that I missed you when you were here, but glad everything worked out. We'll be in Utah next weekend....and I want to see my little buddy Arch (and you and Ben of course, but let's face it, he's going to become the new great entertainment value for your family. :) Thanks SO much for making a blog!!! I can't believe how great it looks! Love you and see you soon!

The Mankers said...

Hey Kate! Great update and Ben--excellent husbanding. I think this was a great idea to get hooked up and online doing the blogging thing! We'll have to see if we can meet up again out West before school starts!

natalie brady said...

Hey! I'm so glad you guys finally have a blog, now I feel like I know what is going on in everyones lives!